Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Wedding Style Part 2


If you missed last week's post read it here: Wedding Style Part 1

Happy Tuesday everyone!

 I hope you had an amazing weekend. Mine was less than exciting. I had to finish moving out of my college apartment and get it all cleaned up. I hope you all had a little more fun than I did!

Today I'll be talking about looks you can wear to a couples shower and a wedding!

In my opinion, these are two of the most fun events you can attend if you're involved in a wedding! I love the couples shower because it gives you the opportunity to hang out with the guys and the gals together to celebrate your sweet friends that are getting married! 

The Couples Shower

The couples showers I have been to have been pretty casual so I chose to go with a more casual look for ya'll today! This look could easily be dressed up with some wedges and bold jewelry!





Let's just talk about these shorts for a minute. I know they don't look all that exciting here in these photos, but let me tell you, they are GREAT. These shorts have some stretch to them so that makes them super comfortable. Although you can't tell from this picture, they are a little high wasted, and I love that! They are super cute when you tuck your top in! Also, I got them out of the clearance section in Old Navy a couple weeks back, and when I was there, clearance had an extra 30% off! That made them a little less than $7! And on top of all of that, they come in a palm leaf pattern which I also picked up!
 I love this tank as much as I love these shorts! The back is so cute. The straps are adjustable which is perfect since the back is a little low. This tank comes in 5 patterns. I wish I had gotten the tan pattern as well. I really had a hard time choosing between them but the day I was shopping I was gravitating towards all things blue! 

Shorts | Tank | Watch | Sunglasses | Similar sandals here & here | Similar bag here

The Wedding

So let's get down to business here! When it comes to picking an outfit for a summer wedding I usually consider these 3 things:

1) Location (indoors or outdoors)
2) Weather
3) Occasion (formal or casual)

If I know I am attending a wedding that is indoors with an indoor reception, I usually go for something with a little more volume to it. Meaning, if I am going to be outside for several hours for the wedding and reception, I'll usually pick something a little lighter that flows more. I also think about shoe choice when I'm considering the location!

Weather is a huge factor to consider. If there is even the slightest chance of rain, I go for a maxi dress. I don't know why. I'm not even sure that makes sense because a maxi is more likely to drag the ground just a little. But I always feel more comfortable in a maxi if it is raining. I think I'm the only person that thinks that! Am I weird?!

And finally, I consider the occasion. If I am attending a wedding at a barn or a vineyard, that's a little more of a casual look. If it's a church wedding or a wedding in a hotel ballroom, I'll definitely dress it up a little. These changes can be made easily with accessories! 

This dress is actually a few years old but it has just been another one of those staples in my closet. I love the blue color. You can do so many different things with it. I chose this maxi because it is very comfortable and easy to move in. When I'm at a wedding, I want to be able to dance! 




Similar dress here | Similar denim jacket here | Sunglasses | Watch | Similar necklace here | Similar sandals
* You can't see my shoes, but they were flat sandals that sold out at Target so I'll link similar ones!
** At Old Navy you can get an extra 25% off your order through Wednesday, 8/5! (Use code MATH)

Thank you so much for reading! 

"What is done in love is done well." -Vincent van Gogh

Gracefully,
Anna











No comments:

Post a Comment