Monday, November 9, 2015

Homemade Hot Chocolate


Happy Monday ya'll! It's a rainy, dreary day here in Locust. I hope this recipe will warm you right up!
Today I have my Mom's famous homemade hot chocolate recipe to share with ya'll. This hot chocolate is better than any you can buy in the store, at least in my opinion. The best part is it only has 4 ingredients! My sweet Mom makes it every year around this time and keeps some for us at home and occasionally gives it as a gift. 


Ingredients:
25 oz. box powdered milk
32 oz. Nestle Quick
16 oz. nondairy powdered coffee creamer
1/2 cup powdered sugar
P.s. If you can only find containers of these ingredients with a little extra or a little less, it will work just fine! The measurements don't have to be exact.
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
(My mom has always used her large Tupperware cake carrier)
I used a whisk to make sure it all gets combined really well. Then I put the lid on and shook it up a little.

That's it! So easy isn't it?!

When you're ready to make a cup for yourself, put 1/3 of a cup of mix in your mug and fill the rest with hot water!

One of my fondest memories from freshman year of college was sharing a cup of hot chocolate with my roommate, Molly. It was such a comfort that reminded me of home. Molly LOVED this stuff. Those were some good times. So here's the recipe friends! I hope you love it as much as I do!

I decided to doctor mine up a little by adding just a little bit of Bailey's and topping it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup! I have to give my brother, Josh, some credit, the Bailey's and the deliciousness on top were all his idea!

P.s. If you're looking for a great blog to read, my brother is pretty good at writing. Check him out here!

I hope ya'll enjoy! Comment below to let me know what you think!

Gracefully,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment