Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall Wreath DIY

Hey there! I am so excited about this post. I had so much fun writing it and making the wreaths. I was inspired one afternoon to brighten up our front doors for the fall season. So naturally I went to Pinterest and looked at a ton of wreaths. I found one on there and loved it so much I had to recreate it for myself! I absolutely loved how it turned out and if ya'll try this at home I hope you love it too!       

At first I was a little intimidated about having to put all of this together. I have never made a wreath before. But my mom was excited about hanging them on the doors so she was willing to go to Hobby Lobby with me and help me gather everything.

I found the wreath and all of the accessories for it at Hobby Lobby. I already had the floral wire, scissors, paint, paint brush, and wire cutters at home. 


We found it easiest to pick out the wreaths and then kind of put everything together on it while we were in the store so we would know what we liked and what we didn't. It saved me a ton of time once I got home since I knew ahead of time what I wanted to do and was super helpful so I didn't have to make a trip back to the store.

There really is no rhyme or reason to how I put it together, like I said my inspiration was from Pinterest. I'll link to that tutorial below.

I just put the ribbon through the top of the wreath and tied a knot to use to hang it on the wreath hanger.

What you put in the wreath is really up to you and your personal preference.

I ended up mixing the colors "Buttermilk" and "Pure Pumpkin" together to achieve the orange for the "L." I think any of these orange colors would have looked great. I went with orange as opposed to a shade of red because I thought it would stand out more against the wreath and our black front doors.

Paints from left to right: Buttermilk, Jack-O-Lantern, Pure Pumpkin, Harvest Orange

To attach the "L" to the wreath I chose where I wanted it on the opposite side of the other decor. Then I twisted floral wire around it to attach it to the vines.

Not pictured was my hot glue gun that I used. I only used it to insert the green leaves into the red bunch of leaves to add a little pop of color. I also used it to attach the pine cones and acorns seen in a couple pictures above. Other than that, I just stuck everything in between the vines. It has held up nicely.

I am so pleased with how they turned out! I was worried you wouldn't be able to see them very well from the road but you can and I think they look great! I can't wait to make other wreaths for seasons and holidays to come. 

This is where I found my inspiration!

Comment below to let me know if you make a wreath for yourself and let me know how it turns out! Thank you so much for reading.

"Take a deep breath, it's just a bad day. Not a bad life."


No comments:

Post a Comment